SlimerJS 0.8.0 has been released on July 7st, 2013.
The compatibility with PhantomJS has been strongly increased and
some tools like CasperJS (version 1.1beta1 or higher) work almost
perfectly with SlimerJS 0.8.
Some packages of SlimerJS 0.8 embed directly XulRunner 22 (Gecko 22):
you don’t have to install XulRunner or Firefox separately, nor
to set a SLIMERJSLAUNCHER environment variable. Unless you want to
use a different version of Gecko.
SlimerJS 0.8 should be also compatible with Firefox/XulRunner/Gecko 23
- Implementation of webpage.uploadFile() and support of webpage.onFilePicker
- Implementation of the cookie API on the phantom object
- Implementation of the cookie API on the webpage object
- support of the --load-images option on the command line
- support of the --local-storage-quota option on the command line
- Implementation of webpage.ownsPage, webpage.getPage(), webpage.pages, webpage.pagesWindowName
- Implementation of webpage.scrollPosition
- Implementation of webpage.offlineStoragePath and webpage.offlineStorageQuota
- webpage.evaluate(): functions as arguments for the function to evaluate,
were not passed correctly to it.
- Fixed conformance to CommonJS filesystem/A module in fs.directory()
- Fixed webpage.render() and webpage.renderBase64(): default screenshot
size were not well calculated.
- Fixed bad encoding of responses sent by the http server
Fixed PhantomJS conformance issues
- webpage.evaluate() should return null when the result of the
- Added webpage.objectName and webserver.objectName.
- phantom.injectJs() supports now CoffeeScripts scripts.
- window.callPhantom() can now be called during page loading.
- Changed webpage.event.modifiers to webpage.event.modifier.
The window is now opened immediately with about:blank when calling create().
- webpage.onResourceRequested should receive a request object as second parameter
- webpage.setContent() should be able to receive a DOM element, not only a string
- webpage.onResourceRequested and webpage.onResourceReceived should
be called for ‘file://‘ url.
- Fixed webpage.render() and webpage.renderBase64(): support of options parameters
Missing APIS in SlimerJS 0.8
Here are the PhantomJS APIs that are missing in SlimerJS 0.8 but planed in future releases.
- most of options for the command line are not supported
- no support of all settings on the webpage object, so no support of HTTP authentication...
- no support of Ghost Driver (Selenium web driver)
You can read the compatibility table to know details.
See also the differences in APIs and behaviors between
SlimerJS and PhantomJS.