SlimerJS 0.6 has been released on May 03, 2013. This is the first public stable
release of SlimerJS.
It is usable, although its API is not still 100% compatible with PhantomJS.
Missing APIS in SlimerJS 0.6
Here are the PhantomJS APIs that are missing in SlimerJS 0.6. Of course, their
implementation is planed in future releases.
- most of options for the command line are not supported
- no API to manage HTTP cookies, although cookies are supported (they are stored
- no API to manage HTTP headers
- no support of the window.callPhantom() function in web pages
- no support of the navigation locking
- no support of the webpage.offlineStorage* properties, although offlineStorage
is supported natively and usable by a web page
- no API to manage child windows
- no support of settings on the webpage and phantomjs object
- webpage.open() only supports an url and a callback as parameter
- no support of file uploading in web page (webpage.uploadFile(), webpage.onFilePicker..)
You can read the compatibility table to know details.
- On MacOS: you must indicate the full path of your JS script on the command line (fixed in 0.6.1)
- CommonJS modules: you cannot alter objects (they are freezed )
returned by the require() function. This is a “feature” of the CommonJS
modules system of the Mozilla Addons SDK (used by SlimerJS).